Wednesday, July 16, 2008

We had a saying in the Coast Guard...

When speaking of way back when, the old timers would say, "Back when ships were wood and men were steel."

That's what I think of when I think of the early astronauts: men of steel.
And if you have brass ones when you're 25, you have brass ones when you're 70.
It's a natural fact.
I figure that a clip of Armstrong reacting to a conspiracy nut isn't on YouTube because in fact he murdered the guy and it would be bad form to post the video.
Too bad.
Anyhow, here's a delightful clip which never gets old in which Buzz handles an idiot half his age:



Sweet Michael Collins takes a gentler approach: (P.S. Don't ask me what they're trying to imply in this video. I don't have a clue. I just know Collins is hilarious.)
If you ask me, both men showed remarkable restraint.

No comments: