Friday, June 27, 2008

Will someone PLEEEASE...

tell me which space-themed movie used part of Holst's Jupiter in its soundtrack?
It drives me nuts every time I hear it.

If you are unfamiliar with the piece, scroll to the bottom of the page and on my playlist click Jupiter: Bringer of Jollity.
The part I'm talking about occurs about two minutes into the piece.

I googled it, and all I can find is that it was used in "Annie Hall."
And that is NOT what I'm thinking of.
(In fact, I do not recall it being in "Annie Hall" at all, and if you'd have bet me, I'd have lost bigtime.)

I am absolutely unable to appreciate this piece of music because it scrambles my brain.
(I knew I should have gone to this. If memory serves, they have a Q&A after the concert. That would have been my question: "Yeah, yeah, great concert, thanks a million -- PLEASE tell me what movie used Jupiter before I go insane!"

No comments: